Many families are extremely torn regarding the use of the HEK-293 cell lines utilized in development, production and/or testing of today’s Covid-19 vaccines. In the same sense, they are extremely torn in wanting to protect themselves and their families.
While some may wish to forgo these vaccines, others simply want ethical alternatives that have ZERO connection to abortion due to their staunch pro-life convictions.
We here at Taking Recourse, aim to provide you with the resources you need to make the very best decision for you and your families. We understand it may not be an easy one.
With that said, we’d like to update you with the current information in regards to the Ethical alternatives that may or may not be upcoming. You can count on us to continue to update this page as necessary, as we are keeping a close eye on the upcoming vaccines.
NOTE: NOT ALL ethical vaccines are listed here, simply the ones that we are watching as they are progressing rapidly.
COVAXIN Bharat Biotech/ Ocugen
COVAXIN™ (BBV152) uses same Vero Cell manufacturing platform as other childhood vaccines, including the inactivated polio vaccine.
- November 3, 2021: WHO issues Emergency Use Listing (EUL) for Covaxin
- October 27, 2021: US Partner OCUGEN files IND (Investigational New Drug) Application with the United States FDA
- November 5, 2021: Us Partner OCUGEN files for EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) with the United States FDA for Covaxin use in children ages 2-18
- November 11, 2021, Bharat publishes Phase 3 results in the Lancet
- November 26, 2021, Covaxin put on clinical hold by FDA
- February 18, 2022 ,U.S. FDA Lifts Clinical Hold on COVAXIN